HSA 315 (NEW) All Discussions (WK 2 – WK 11 Discussions)
To buy all below discussions, click below link:
WK 2 Discussion
Discussion: “Health Care Data and Information”
- How can health care administrations improve data and information quality while at the same time decreasing data and information errors? Provide at least one (1) example to support your response.
WK 3 Discussions
Discussion 1: “Strengths and Weaknesses of System Acquisition and Implementation”
- What are the various options for acquiring a health care information system and the advantages and disadvantages of each option?
- Discuss the key risks to a health care organization that fails to allocate sufficient support and resources to a newly implemented health care information system. Next, propose one (1) strategy to mitigate the risks in question. Provide a rationale to support your response.
Discussion 2: The Impact of Health Care Information: Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow”
- Analyze the key reasons why healthcare organization managers and leaders must understand and actively engage in the implementation of efficient health information systems.
- Articulate how health care managers and leaders can achieve better health for individuals and populations while managing cost.
WK 4 Discussion
Discussion: “Evaluating the Health Information Systems and Alignment”
- Analyze the reasons, discussed in Chapter 7 of the text, why IT fails to deliver returns. Next, discuss the main steps that management could take in order to address the reasons why IT fails to deliver returns. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Also, determine the basic components of a strategic information system (IT) plan within health care organizations. Next, specify the main roles of a leadership team—including Chief Information Officer (CIO) and Chief Financial Officer (CFO)—in the process of IT alignment and strategic planning, including the role and function of the Data Analyst.
WK 5 Discussion
Discussion: “HIPPA and Performance Standards and Measures”
- Analyze the importance of the enactment of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), and appraise the overall impact of HIPAA on patients’ medical records.
- Suggest key ways in which health care administrations may improve data and information quality, and decrease data and information errors. Provide at least one (1) example to support your response.
- Differentiate the variations between licensures, certification, measures and accreditation, why it is significant to health care in the United States, and what the role of the Joint Commission is.
WK 6 Discussion
Discussion: “Creating an Effective Health Care System”
- What is Fast Health Interoperability Resources (FHIR)?
- Analyze the primary manner in which EHR technology ensures improvement in the quality of patient care. Next, speculate on the overall impact that the health care information system standards have on the adoption of EHR technology within health care organizations. Provide a rationale for your response.
WK 7 Discussion
Discussion: “Benefits and Risks of Technology in the Health Care System”
- Analyze the manner in which the use of technology improves the overall quality, safety, and efficiency of health care delivery. Next, speculate on one (1) risk of using technology within a health care system, and suggest one (1) way to mitigate the risk in question.
WK 8 Discussion
Discussion: “IT Governance Analysis”
- Provide a critical analysis of the role of developing and maintaining IT governance mechanisms – the process, procedures, and roles that organizations use to make IT decisions.
WK 9 Discussion
Discussion: “HCIS Issues and Challenges”
- What are the current issues and challenges pertaining to the use of health care information systems (HCIS) that providers and organizations still face including interoperability, usability, and health IT safety? Discuss.
WK 10 Discussion
- Health Management Solutions are intended to complement, not replace, the traditional EHR; discuss the reasons for this.
- What is the role of EHRs, registries, risk stratification, patient engagement and outreach, care coordination and management, analytics, health information exchange (HIE) and telehealth. Also, analyze the use of data to monitor, predict and improve performance.
WK 11 Discussion
- Summarize this course in your own words (take home) so that someone thinking about taking the course in the future would understand what it is all about.
- Discuss the salient manner in which you will leverage the lessons learned in this course in your current (or future) career in the ever growing and changing health care industry.